Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Romeo & Juliet Before Paragraph

I have never read the book Romeo & Juliet. As most people know I do not like reading at all unless it is very interesting to me. I have heard that this story is good and that it is about love and romance. I also have heard that the story is very interesting in the ancient times and Shakespeare is too. I have read about Shakespeare in history class last year and I think I also learned something about Romeo & Juliet, but I forgot what I had learned. I kind of have an idea of the story Romeo & Juliet because of the song by Taylor Swift. In the song by Taylor Swift, it explains how they want to be together but are not allowed by Juliet’s father so they sneak around to see each other until Romeo finally gets permission to marry Juliet. I am willing to read this story to be able to get to know more but for now I would like to research about it.

Here are three questions for the upperclassmen:

~What did you think about this play?

~Do you recommend this play as a really good play?

~ What are some suggestions that you could give about this play?

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised that you are the only freshman to remember that Taylor Swift references Romeo and Juliet. If you pay attention, you will notice many more references to the play in popular culture. Awesome connection!

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog