Tuesday, October 26, 2010

“The Necklace” – The Husband’s Point of View


I was delighted to be invited to the dance. I then showed my wife and decided to invite her to come right with me. When she mentioned that she didn’t want to go because of the clothes and the way she looked poor because she didn’t have any jewelry. I was stunned. I had set aside just the amount of francs to buy a rifle so that i could go join some of my friends and shoot larks on the plain near Nanterre. Then I thought and said to my wife "All right I’ll give you four hundred francs. But try to get a nice dress." The dance became to be great and my wife looked stunningly beautiful. We were on our way back home, when we got home my wife had then just noticed that she had lost her friends necklace. I then started to think about where it can be and tried to give her ideas of where the necklace might had dropped. When my wife was to replace it I was to help her get ways to pay all her depts. After my wife bought a new one and replaced it with the other one I helped her pay her deeds that she had borrowed. When everything was finally paid off I was relieved and happy for everything to be back to normal.

6 comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog