Monday, October 25, 2010

“The Necklace” - The Grass is Not Always Greener.

The time I noticed that the grass was not that greener on the other side was when I was living with my Tia Cely and I would share a room with my cousin Sabrina. She was pretty much a follower and still is, so she would get anything her friends would get. One day we went to the mall. Her mom would get her anything she would want, but wouldn't get me anything when she had money that she would get paid for having me. I was just watching them shop for my cousin, I got mad and went on my own and stole an eyeliner pencil. I was all good, We left the mall and I thought I was slick. I told my tia and cousin that  I found it on my way out. My tia asked to see it and noticed that I had jacked it because it looked brand new. She asked me if I had stolen it and I lied, but I was about eleven so I did not really know how to lie. When we got home, my tia asked me again and I had to admitt it so she smacked my hands and was grounded for a month. She  took the eyeliner for herself. When I went to my room my cousin showed me that she had stolen somthing too, but didn't get caught for it. Then I realized that I was being a follower just like my cousin and got punished for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog